To build and maintain a relationship of trust
WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF THIS POLICY?
This policy tells you how OpSens collects, uses, shares and protects your personal information when you use our services or websites. It also explains the measures we are committed to taking to ensure the protection of this information.
Our operations are designed to comply with the standards established by the applicable laws in Quebec, including the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Quebec) & the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada).
WHAT ARE OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENTS?
We are committed to :
- Use the personal information entrusted to us in a lawful and transparent manner, particularly with consent;
- Collect personal information for defined, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Collect personal information only to the extent necessary for the purposes identified;
- Keep personal information accurate and up to date for no longer than is necessary for the identified purposes and in accordance with regulations;
- Ensure appropriate security of personal information through appropriate contractual, technical and organizational measures;
- Demonstrate the measures taken to protect personal information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- Right to withdraw your consent;
- Right of access to your personal information;
- Right to rectify your personal information;
- Right of recourse to the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec;
- Right to information concerning the purposes and means of collecting your personal information, third parties in the event of disclosure, and the possibility of disclosure outside Quebec.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
If you have any questions about personal information, you can contact the Privacy Officer at :
2680 Boulevard du Parc-Technologique
Quebec City, QC
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Recruit staff;
- Transmit information about our products;
- Improve our products and services;
- Develop our customers’ relations;
- Improve our websites.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND PROCESSED?
For our business activities, we record and use :
- Form data: chat, information requests, orders;
- Data supporting business development: professional information about prospects and customers for OpSens sales activities and events;
- Data required for recruitment: resume submission, or information and resume posted on a recruitment site, information about a reference concerning your career;
- Data (cookies) about your activity on our websites opsens.com, www.opsensmedical.com and www.opsens-solutions.com (see below “What are your choices regarding cookies”);
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES?
You can choose whether or not to allow cookies to be deposited on your device, such as a computer:
We store cookies on your devices that are strictly necessary for the operation of the website. For all other types of cookies, we need your consent.
We use essential and security cookies, marketing and advertising, analytics and experience optimization, including :
- Essential and security cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation. The website cannot function properly without these cookies,
- Marketing and advertising cookies allow a website to remember information that modifies the way the site behaves or is displayed, such as your preferred language or the region in which you are located,
- Analysis and experience optimization cookies help website owners, by collecting and communicating information anonymously, to understand how visitors interact with websites.
- Personalization cookies allow us to adapt advertising messages to your profile.
You can set cookies using the tool integrated into our website or directly on your browser, with the choice of systematic refusal or authorization on a case-by-case basis.
For detailed information on cookies, please visit our cookies page.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
OpSens applies technical, organizational, and contractual measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized use, modification, disclosure and unauthorized access.
Minimizing the collection of your personal information is the first and most important safeguard.
Your personal information is stored on servers in (Canada), implementing the best technologies for performance, availability and web security. In particular, we apply industry standards for information security and privacy protection (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Our employees and partners are bound by strict confidentiality. Access to personal information is restricted to individually authorized personnel. We train our employees in the best practices for protecting personal information.
To preserve the integrity of the network infrastructure and protect it from unauthorized intrusions, a firewall is in place and updated at regular intervals.
Connection to the infrastructure from the Internet is authorized strictly via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection, which encrypts communications.
Where services are available, multi-factor authentication mechanisms are put in place to secure access to the organization’s resources and information.
File access is protected by a directory structure that is individually controlled by file access mechanisms based on the principle of least privilege.
All computer storage devices are equipped with an encryption key that makes them unusable if ever lost or stolen.
In order to limit the attack surface and unauthorized access to our systems, we force the use of complex and unique passwords.
Whenever possible, we activate SSO (Single Sign-On) to minimize the number of credentials required for a single individual to connect to multiple resources.
Our employees receive regular training in privacy protection and information security.
In the event that your data is subject to a security breach resulting in a real risk of serious harm, Opsens will notify you and the relevant supervisory authorities without delay. We will provide information on the data involved and the measures taken by Opsens to limit the potential harmful effects of the breach of personal information for the persons concerned.
OpSens does not trade or sell any personal information to outside parties. Transfers of personal information between the European Union (E.U.) and Canada are made under the E.U. adequacy decision. In the event of a transfer to a country that does not ensure the same level of protection for personal information, we will ask for your consent and will put in place contractual clauses to protect personal information.
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR STORING AND DELETING DATA?
Opsens deletes your personal information as soon as it is no longer required for the original purpose and when we are not required to keep it.
- Where we have a commercial relationship with you, we will delete your personal information two years after our last contact.
- When we have exchanges for a collaborative project, your personal information is discarded as soon as it is no longer required for the original purpose and when we are under no obligation to retain it.
- When you request and obtain information about your personal data and your data protection rights, we will delete the request within three years.
WHAT RECOURSE DO YOU HAVE?
You may contact the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec, 525 Bd René-Lévesque E, Québec, QC G1R 5R3, Canada.