Opsens (TSX :OPS) is a fast growing medical device company with unique optical based measurement technologies that are recognized as the most reliable and accurate internationally. In order to support its growth, OpSens is seeking a Global Marketing Product Manager. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Global Marketing and will be based preferably in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Global Marketing Product Manager at OpSens is a highly skilled professional and communicator able to collaborate with our high level technical, engineering, R&D and sales professionals, interact in various forums with renowned health professionals . This individual must have the ability to become an expert in cardiovascular disease diagnosis and treatments.
Mastering the features and advantages that our highly differentiated products bring to our customers, the Global Marketing Product Manager supports new product launches, actively takes part to the value creation process and improvement of our products through their entire lifecycle.
- Set clear direction and management objectives that align with defined practices and policies and enhances the organization’s assessment of existing and potential markets.
- Develop new and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build business plans, competitive plan development, pricing analysis, sales/revenue forecasting, analysis of distribution/channel issues, and inventory management.
- Define comprehensive marketing plans including customer segmentation, brand positioning, and messaging, competitive strategy, value pricing, and partner with field training and customer education.
- Plan, initiate, manage, monitor and track marketing projects and campaigns and process improvement initiatives such as product launches and facilitate successful, on-time and within budget execution. Develop and implement meaningful metrics.
- Collaborate with global industry partners, key opinion leaders and customers to effectively communicate the OpSens products value proposition, differentiation from competition, and identify new market segment opportunities while building a strong business relationship.
- Interact and work closely with other departments, such as Sales, Clinical Research, Field Training and Development, R&D.
- Work with the team to define and execute customer feedback planning – through market research, extensive field travel & customer visits.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership to keep them informed and aligned with key strategies and recommendations. Provide for ongoing reporting of business and product launch progress to plan.
- Represent the customer during internal meetings and represent the company at advisory boards and medical congresses.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a marketing or field sales role (5 years with advanced degree)
- Strong knowledge of the interventional cardiology and/or structural heart market
- Global downstream marketing experience
- Experience in working with sales
- Experience conceiving a branding/marketing campaign, conducting VOC and carrying out resulting strategies and tactics
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Well organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot issues quickly;
- Travel globally up to 70%, although some months will be far less intense.
Nice to Have:
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience leading a core team or as a core team member functional lead
- Experience in strategic product development planning
- Skills in financial analysis, and forecasting
- French speaking