One Team, One Vision, One Goal
Established in 2003, OpSens Medical, a subsidiary of OpSens (TSX:OPS), was founded on the belief that our innovative fiber optic technologies would help to improve cardiovascular disease diagnosis and treatment.
Today, our 2nd generation fiber optic OptoWire III has been used in over 150,000 patients worldwide and our clinical partners use our products to improve their success rates in challenging coronary and peripheral interventions. We see interventional cardiology in a whole new light. We pursue robust growth, through our own initiatives and key alliances with exemplary partners and commit ourselves to providing solutions to medical professional and patient needs.
Our Team continues to grow. Our Vision is to be a world leader of optical measurement in the field of medical instrumentation. Our Mission is to contribute to health with unique expertise in innovative medical products.
The OpSens Sr. Manager, Structural Heart / TAVR Sales Training and Medical Education is responsible for the management and development of robust field training strategies, curriculum, communication vehicles, and content for specific product and therapy areas that are in line with the OpSens SavvyWire™ business objectives. The emphasis is on the development and delivery of high-quality and relevant educational content, measurement of content delivery/retention, and determination of programs based on global business needs and requirements. This includes onboarding, new hire training, advanced and recurrent training, as well as developmental programs. This role strategically leads and manages a team of education professionals responsible for the development and execution of commercial training and education content.
Demonstrated strategic and operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and attention to detail skills are required as well as enthusiasm to collaborate and passion for learning in a thriving team environment. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional should be a disciplined individual who embraces innovative approaches and is comfortable in a nimble and growing commercial organization. The Training Manager must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate their teams to continued excellence.
- Determines global education priorities and plans based on key strategic initiatives to build a comprehensive TAVR/structural training program to ensure optimal product / procedure
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Builds, manages, develops, coaches, and supports a team of training and education
- Provides leadership and vision on the strategic development, planning, implementation, and assessment of programs and resources in support of the SavvyWire™ and structural heart/TAVR procedures.
- Leads efforts to interface proactively with cross-functional and global regional partners, including, marketing, clinical, regional directors, sales leadership, and sales staff, to determine education and training needs.
- Develops strong relationships that help facilitate the meeting of goals
- Directs the project management, development, and review of high-quality internal and external educational content and curriculum, while maintaining priorities established by the education
- Provides information and recognition that effectively supports and motivates staff to achieve organizational objectives.
- Effectively manages the day-to-day operations of the global commercial training and education department and assists in the empowerment of employees and individuals as well as department goal setting.
- Proactively supports company goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, and performs by industry and government regulation guidelines (i.e., FDA, AdvaMed, etc.)
- Manage expense budget and provide input to AOP within functional area and participate in the development of cost center budget to maximize business results.
Preferred Education / Experience / Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in sales, sales support, clinical or technical role in healthcare
- 5+ years in the field as TAVR therapy consultant, TAVR training specialist, or TAVR training manager with documented and demonstrable experience in TAVR sales training program design and implementation
- Demonstrable knowledge of TAVR valve product specifics and differentiation
- Multi-modality medical imaging interpretation experience (echocardiography, X-ray angiography, computed tomography)
- Interventional structural heart disease experience
- Microsoft Office competency
- Experience with design, delivery, and evaluation of education content across various digital and virtual platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with clear focus on curriculum development
- Ability to accommodate monthly travel up to 20%-30%
Please send your resume to or contact Miranda Zignego at directly.