One Team, One Vision, One Goal
Established in 2003, OpSens (TSX:OPS), was founded on the belief that our innovative fiber optic technologies would help to improve cardiovascular disease diagnosis and treatment.
Today, our 2nd generation fiber optic OptoWire III has been used in over 150,000 patients worldwide and our clinical partners use our products to improve their success rates in challenging coronary and peripheral interventions. We see interventional cardiology in a whole new light. We pursue robust growth, through our own initiatives and key alliances with exemplary partners and commit ourselves to provide solutions to medical professional and patient needs.
Our Team continues to grow. Our Vision is to be a world leader of optical measurement in the field of medical instrumentation. Our Mission is to contribute to health with unique expertise in innovative medical products.
A day in the life
Due to rapid growth of our coronary artery disease products and upcoming product launches, OpSens is looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Specialist with a proven track record in the interventional cardiology space and an understanding of coronary physiology and/or TAVR. This role will cover Eastern Canada market and will report to the Sr. Director of Sales for N. America. To be successful in this role, you will have a strong clinical background in the interventional cardiology space, a high degree of clinical acumen and integrity, strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to drive your own success, provide training and education, and in collaboration with the sales team, drive market share and revenue growth. This will be an opportunity to work within a growing team of talented sales and clinical professionals and promote highly disruptive products.
- Be a key player on the high-growth team responsible for delivering the most sophisticated fiber optic coronary physiology technology.
- Be challenged daily and grow in a dynamic environment with sales, clinical and leadership teams that are passionate about the organization and the technology. Your ideas will be embraced, and your voice will matter.
- Thrive in a culture that rewards integrity, clinical savvy, and a collaborative, team approach focused on sharing best-practices and learning from wins/losses.
- Be responsible for managing the sales geography to ensure the achievement of both revenue targets and an excellent clinical experience.
- Work with territory managers to help develop quarterly business plan that align with the OpSens marketing plan and can be executed upon to maintain and grow market share, as well as developing new business.
- Builds solid customer relations by interfacing directly with customers including hospital physicians, Catheter Laboratory personnel, training/education, research, and business office staff.
- Expand relationships with key opinion leaders and customers to uncover opportunities which enhance product-line performance.
- Provide clinical and case support, present technical in-services to clinical buyers, as well as plan and execute successful product evaluations and procedural competency training.
- Gather market intelligence on customer and competitive activity and communicate to sales, R&D, and marketing leadership teams.
- Supports marketing related trade shows and vendor/hospital fair.
- Ensure the highest level of product knowledge is attained and maintained.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and internal resources.
- Coordinate daily support activities and customer activities at meetings/symposiums, as assigned.
- Complete administrative reporting on a timely basis.
- Fiscally manage territory by controlling expenses, product returns, and product inventory.
The successful candidate will have a customer first attitude and the following:
- Requires experience and license as a Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist (CRT), Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT), or Registered Nurse (RN) or CVIS, RCIS.
- Requires 3+ years direct experience in a hospital setting.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- A customer focused approach and an ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- The ability to work autonomously but also within a team.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, be well organized and be able to set and reset priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and English, both orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with both customers and internal employee.
- Strong accountability and commitment to drive results.
- Ability to train and educate new and existing customers in product evaluation settings.
- A willingness to learn, to be coached and the ability to provide transparent feedback.
- Knowledge of computer applications (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner.
- Frequent travel is required, including overnight stay.
Joining our team also means benefiting from these numerous advantages!
- Rapid salary advancement
- Flexible work schedule, during the week
- Possibility of remote work
- Group insurance and RRSP with employer contribution
- Sick days
- Opportunities for advancement
- Friendly and passionate work team
- Paid closing during the holiday season