The OpSens Structural Heart / TAVR Sales Training Program Manager is responsible for the management and development of robust field training strategies, curriculum, communication vehicles and content for specific product and therapy areas that are in line with the OpSens SavvyWire™ business objectives. The emphasis is on the development and delivery of high quality and relevant educational content, measurement of content delivery/retention and determination of programs based on global business need and requirements. This includes onboarding, new hire training, advanced and recurrent training, as well as developmental programs. This role strategically leads and manages a team of education professionals responsible for development and execution of commercial training and education content.
Demonstrated strategic and operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and attention to detail skills are required as well as enthusiasm to collaborate and passion for learning in a thriving team environment. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional should be a disciplined individual that embraces innovative approaches and is comfortable in a nimble and growing commercial organization. The Training Manager must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate their teams to continued excellence.
- Determines global education priorities and plans based on key strategic initiatives to build a comprehensive TAVR/structural training program to ensure optimal product / procedure outcomes.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Builds, manages, develops, coaches, and supports a team of training and education professionals.
- Provides leadership and vision on the strategic development, planning, implementation and assessment of programs and resources in support of the SavvyWire™ and structural heart/TAVR procedures.
- Leads efforts to interface proactively with cross-functional and global regional partners, including, marketing, clinical, regional directors, sales leadership, and sales staff, to determine education and training needs.
- Develops strong relationships that help facilitate meeting of goals.
- Directs the project management, development and review of high quality internal and external educational content and curriculum, while maintaining priorities established by the education strategy.
- Provides information and recognition that effectively supports and motivates staff to achieve organizational objectives.
- Effectively manages the day-to-day operations of the global commercial training and education department and assists in the empowerment of employees and individual as well as department goal setting.
- Proactively support company goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, and performs in accordance with industry and government regulation guidelines (i.e., FDA, AdvaMed, etc.)
- Manage expense budget and provide input to AOP within functional area and participate in development of cost center budget to maximize business results.
Preferred Education / Experience / Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- 10+ years experience in sales, sales support, clinical or technical role in healthcare
- 5+ years in the field as TAVR therapy consultant, TAVR training specialist, or TAVR training manager with documented and demonstrable experience in TAVR sales training program design and implementation
- Demonstrable knowledge of TAVR valve product specifics and differentiation
- Multi-modality medical imaging interpretation experience (echocardiography, X-ray angiography, computed tomography)
- Interventional structural heart disease experience
- Microsoft Office competency
- Experience with design, delivery, and evaluation of education content across various digital and virtual platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with clear focus on curriculum development
- Ability to accommodate monthly travel up to 20%-30%