Director, New Business Development
Opsens (TSX: OPS) is currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated by new business development and high technologies to join its team as Director, New Business Development. The new leader will be interacting with internal/external business partners and driving OEM sales.
The Director, New Business Development, is responsible for identifying, engaging, and managing the business development pipeline for the medical business worldwide. This individual will work closely with the entire organization to identify new opportunities and drive them to conclusion. This individual needs to be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, a focus on organization, and enhanced multitasking abilities. More precisely, the responsibilities consist of:
- Identify and prioritize new business opportunities in novel healthcare solutions and services backed by technological advancements;
- Explore and build pipeline of opportunities to drive growth in the changing healthcare environment. i.e. solutions that will improve outcome for consumers and patients while improving cost efficiencies; opportunities that fits within Opsens’ core technologies and business;
- Present to CEO. Build consensus amongst cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior; leaders, and help drive management team decisions;
- Develop and maintain relationship with key internal and external partners;
- Perform market/competitive analysis, financial analysis, and valuation for proposed deal & transactions;
- Assess potential risks that is associated with the transaction especially around financial, legal, IP, operational and integration;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
To accomplish his tasks, the candidate should:
- Be aware of cardiovascular business and technical landscape;
- Be aware of the business value of OpSens’ technologies and the associated customer usage and procedures;
- Have developed knowledge of Optical sensors and measurement applications;
- Have developed working knowledge of medical field and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA Preferred;
- Minimum of 10+ years of business experience in medical device, healthcare, or technology with roles in strategy or business development;
- Industry expertise as an industry analyst (healthcare or tech) or management consulting firm a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are considered an asset;
- Excellent leadership, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external partners and customers;
- Ability to travel 30% of the time worldwide;
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented;
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism;
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill;
- Shows initiative and innovative problem solver.